Today was a big day, in more ways than one. I decided it was a good day to lift my canna lilies from the ground to prep them for their winter sleep. I planted six rhizomes early summer this year and today I dug up close to fifty. Some of them were the size of softballs. They must have really liked their location and the soil. Problem is now I have to store them all but how to store that many is beyond me. Guess I’ll have to call the greenhouse to get the best advice.
Anyway, I also completed the Blue Heron today. All those feathers!!! It was challenging but I “got er done”! I will probably do a little tweaking once I have the water done but will see. I just started on the water background and I’m thinking I will only do a section of water and leave the rest to the imagination but I can always change my mind. For the water I started out with a light layer of Prisma Periwinkle, following that using FC Indigo Blue to start mapping in the dark shadows. I will purposely omit the light areas leaving the periwinkle to show me where my highlights will be. I also have to finish the grasses in the bottom left-hand corner.